[Mailman-Users] AUTOMATIC UNSUBSCRIBE

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Jul 19 03:09:03 CEST 2000

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:32:47 -0500
Oscar Valdez <oscar at colca.rcp.net.pe> wrote:

> Do you know if mailman can handle automatic bouce backs?  I mean
> if a user is susbscribed on 10 lists and the email server is down,
> can mailman automatic unsubscribe the user??

With caveats, yes.  The caveats are that Mailman accomplishes this
by attempting to parse the bounce messages.  Unfortunately there is
no standardised format for bounce mesasges so while Mailman parses
most of them successfully (and does **MUCH** better in the 2.x
series), it doesn't get them all.  Yet.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                               Other: coder at kanga.nu
http://www.kanga/nu/~claw/        Keys etc: finger claw at kanga.nu