[Mailman-Users] problems with more then 16000 users

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Jul 20 20:09:13 CEST 2000

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:15:34 +0200 (CEST)
Oliver Schneider <o.schneider at freeware.de> wrote:

> so whats your advise to port the list to another with 200 or 400 a
> step with add_member tool. You say then work everything fine?

AFAIK add_members doesn't have a problem with dealing with large
subscriber lists but I haven't tried it with blobs much over say 2K
entries on a fast machine (Dual 500MHz PIII 512Meg RAM).

The web interface for adding members is known to be not so generous
(if only due to web request timeout considerations).

Ergo, I recommend trying add_members.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                               Other: coder at kanga.nu
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/        Keys etc: finger claw at kanga.nu