[Mailman-Users] broadcast-type lists

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Sat Jul 22 06:53:42 CEST 2000

> >The real answer is to allow private templates files per-list.
> >Let me see what I can figure out.
>
> Yes that sounds perfect.

Patch #100953 (on sourceforge) allows list-specific files; you
put them in ~mailman/lists/<listname/ , and they're used in
preference to the ones in ~mailman/templates for that list.

It was a bit dodgy how I had to do it; the list object wasn't
previously passed to Utils.maketext(), so I had to find all the
callers of maketext and add the list object to the call params.
Mostly, the change is in Utils.py, but there's a slight touch to
a lot of other files.

I'll submit this over on mailman-developers and see if anyone
has any comments, but it seems to work.  Of course it's only
valid against the current CVS snapshot as of right now
(Barry's been changing a lot tonight preparing for beta5).