[Mailman-Users] Crontab problems

GreenNet Outreach outreach at gn.apc.org
Wed Jul 26 13:14:08 CEST 2000

Hi

I have just installed mailman as a replacement for listproc which we have
been using for a while now.

Mostly it seems to be working really well, and the archives and html
interface are great.  But I am having a few problems which I have not
found answers to yet - so thought i would try this list.

Generally it seems quite slow to process requests, e.g. I have a very big
list to transfer and it takes about five minutes to process 20
subscriptions (i have 2000) and can't seem to handle more than that - is
this normal?

The crontab keeps giving me errors that I don't understand (but things
seem to work anyway?):

Your "cron" job on news
/usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests

produced the following output:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 41, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 35, in main
    list = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 62, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 810, in Load
    raise Errors.MMBadListError, 'Failed to access config info'
MMBadListError: Failed to access config info

Thanks

Liz Probert
GreenNet