[Mailman-Users] Re: mass delete

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 2 07:10:25 CEST 2000

On 2000.06.01, in <200006020224.TAA08619 at utopia.west.sun.com>,
	"Dan Mick" <Dan.Mick at west.sun.com> wrote:
> > I'm sorry, but it's fair for a list admin not to know Unix,
>
> It may be fair, but it's a long way from optimal.

"Optimal" would be: everyone I ever deal with knows Unix at the same
level I do.  Tell Mr McNealy that no matter how hard he dot-coms us, he
will not get a world full of Unix users, and -- surprise -- a lot of
those people who will never be Unix users have valid group
communication needs.

> > and it's
> > not fair to require personal dealings with the site administrator.
>
> For some number of exceptions, such personal dealings will always
> be required; now we're just dickering about frequency.

OK, that's true.

> I think it's much more common to "remove 5 bozos", and the
> web page allows that nicely.

As it happens, I disagree with that, too.

--
 -D.	dgc at uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago