[Mailman-Users] Re: mass delete

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Fri Jun 2 07:50:42 CEST 2000

> > > I'm sorry, but it's fair for a list admin not to know Unix,
> >
> > It may be fair, but it's a long way from optimal.
>
> "Optimal" would be: everyone I ever deal with knows Unix at the same
> level I do.  Tell Mr McNealy that no matter how hard he dot-coms us, he
> will not get a world full of Unix users, and -- surprise -- a lot of
> those people who will never be Unix users have valid group
> communication needs.

Okay, I really don't think gritching at either Scott, Sun or me is
appropriate to this conversation; we are having a disagreement, not a
slinging contest.  Ease off, 'kay?

> > I think it's much more common to "remove 5 bozos", and the
> > web page allows that nicely.
>
> As it happens, I disagree with that, too.

...but in a way you care not to explain?

<sigh>

I guess it's safe to say that you're voting for mass-delete through
the web page, however disagreeably, so I'll take everything else
with the salt probably intended.

I agree it would be an easy feature to supply, easier than "mass
sub with passwords", so if more than one person wants it (they do)
it should probably be added.  As I said, I'll take a shot at coding it.