[Mailman-Users] userdatabases

Ricardo Kustner ricardo at rixhq.nu
Fri Jun 9 09:16:11 CEST 2000

Hi,

I know this subject has been touched before... but I was wondering if
anybody has yet implemented some system where mailman is used next to
a userdatabase where every subscriber is linked somehow to a user in
that database. There are probably 1001 ways to synchronize mailman
subscribers with an external user database, but the problem is finding
the best solution. At this moment our programmers have several projects
where announce mail lists are going to be needed, but of course
customers want to have more details for every subscriber than just
their email address. I've been pushing them to use mailman and I've been
successfull so far, but we still haven't come up with a solution for the problem above...

My job-description doesn't officially include programming :) but I'm
willing to invest some of my own time in creating some standard solution
for this which I could contribute back to mailman...

So if anybody has any ideas... please let me know!

Ricardo.