[Mailman-Users] Anonymous posting

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at home.com
Sun Jun 11 19:58:37 CEST 2000

Hi All--

Fred Hicks wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Ivan Van Laningham wrote:
>
> > Ricardo Kustner wrote:

> > > yep... you can violate the RFC's ;)
> > > Privacy options... last line
> > > "Hide the sender of a message, replacing it with the list address"
> > >

> > <g>  Yeah, I saw that.  But I'm looking for a way for members to be able
> > to select that option themselves, either for all their posts, or on a
> > post-by-post basis.
>
>   Create a second list, which anonymizes posts.

OK, xxxlist-anonymous...

>   Subscribe the first list to the second list.  Make sure your second list
>   does not send out monthly password reminders.

I understand part B here, but I'm not sure about A.  Wouldn't
subscribing xxxlist to xxxlist-anon mean that members who signed up for
xxxlist-anon would only get the anonymous posts?  Or is that the point?

Or am I just being obtuse?

>   Mission accomplished, I'd think.

<list-admin-of-very-small-brain>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Axent Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org/
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours