[Mailman-Users] user unknown

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Tue Jun 13 07:16:16 CEST 2000

> > Of course.  When you ran 'newlist' to create the list, it told
> > you that.
>
> I'm pretty certain that it didn't but I will confirm that when I create the
> next list.

dmick at flair> bin/newlist
Enter the name of the list: foo
Enter the email of the person running the list: dmick at west.sun.com
Initial foo password: foo

Entry for aliases file:

## foo mailing list
## created: 12-Jun-2000 dmick
foo:                     "|/export/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post foo"
foo-admin:               "|/export/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner foo"
foo-request:             "|/export/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd foo"
owner-foo:               foo-admin
foo-owner:               foo-admin

Hit enter to continue with foo owner notification...

> > > Where can I find instructions on this? I can't find it in the Mailman
> > > documentation.
> >
> > Uh...man aliases?...
>
> It doesn't say anything in man aliases about creating these aliases to get
> mailman to work as you most likely know.

No, but it certainly explains the "" and the | characters...