[Mailman-Users] user unknown

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Tue Jun 13 07:17:24 CEST 2000

> > > Should I create these aliases for every new list (replacing test with
> the
> > > new listname)?
> >
> > Of course.  When you ran 'newlist' to create the list, it told
> > you that.
>
> I'm pretty certain that it didn't but I will confirm that when I create the
> next list.

Moreover, here's a snippet from INSTALL (which, surely, you read,
right)?

    - Running newlist will generate a list of aliases that must be
      added to the system.  If you are running Sendmail, you may add
      the lines output directly to the file /etc/aliases.  You may
      need to run the command 'newaliases' (all as root).  Now the
      mailing address for your list as well as its administrative
      addresses will be set up.  If you are not running Sendmail,
      consult your MTA's documentation for information on adding
      aliases.