[Mailman-Users] Subscription Confirmation/Alias Problem

Edward Marczak marczak at usa.net
Tue Jun 13 18:22:24 CEST 2000

Fellow Mailman Admins;

I just started using mailman, and it looks like a great system.  I am using:

- RedHat 6.1,
- sendmail 8.10.2

I followed the INSTALL instructions to the letter.  The web interface is
working.  I created the test list, and subscribed.  When I return the
confirmation email, I get an email back stating:

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
    (reason: 2)
    (expanded from: <test-request at mail.example.com>)

554 5.3.0 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"... unknown mailer error

(domain names changed to protect the innocent)

Well, it's definitely getting to the box, and sendmail is trying to handle
it.  Anyone seen this before?  The closest thing I can find is that
/bin/mail defines error 2 as 'File Error'.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!
Ed Marczak
marczak at usa.net