[Mailman-Users] integration with other databases?

Robert mm rob_mm at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 14 20:48:36 CEST 2000

Hi,
I have just installed mailman on our test intranet.
I was wondering if anyone has tried integrating mailman with other
information systems?

We use the LDAP standard (kind of a database) to keep track of people and
groups in our organization.

We have a need for a mail list manager for the purposes of archiving,
digests, exploding lists, etc... but would like to have the actual lists
managed from the LDAP side (or at least kept concurrent with).

My Original plan was to simply have a daemon running to periodically extract
members of groups from the LDAP database and rebuild the lists that mailman
uses (I thought they would be text files).

However, now that I have installed Mailman I see the lists are kept in the
binary file format (.db). This makes things much more difficult.

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions in this matter?