[Mailman-Users] integration with other databases?

Gerhard Gonter gonter at maestria.wu-wien.ac.at
Wed Jun 14 21:05:48 CEST 2000

According to Robert mm:
> My Original plan was to simply have a daemon running to periodically extract
> members of groups from the LDAP database and rebuild the lists that mailman

Good plan.

> uses (I thought they would be text files).
>
> However, now that I have installed Mailman I see the lists are kept in the
> binary file format (.db). This makes things much more difficult.

The .db files are Python data structures that can be modified by
Python programs.  The Python LDAP module should make the transfer
of your addresses pretty easy.

+gg

--
Gerhard.Gonter at wu-wien.ac.at  Fax: +43/1/31336/702  g.gonter at ieee.org
Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste, Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria