[Mailman-Users] Admin request for approval

Jorge Godoy godoy at conectiva.com
Thu Jun 15 18:47:34 CEST 2000

Mark Wendt <mwendt at intertv.com> writes:

> Hi,
> 	Over the last few days, I've been getting a listname post approval required for user at listserv.com ( where the
> user and server name are correct ) for lists which are not moderated and anyone can post to the list.  I'm getting a
> reason held: Only approved posters may post without moderator approval.  Only problem, the list isn't moderated.
> Anybody got any clues on this one?

There's one field where you can put addresses that are allowed to post
without prior approval or anything. You must remove them. The field
name and description are as follow and, as you can see, it's on your
list privacy options:

posters (privacy): Addresses of members accepted for posting to this
list without implicit approval requirement. (See "Restrict ... to list
members" for whether or not this is in addition to allowing posting by
list members

Adding entries here will have one of two effects, according to whether
another option restricts posting to members.

     If member_posting_only is 'yes', then entries added here will
     have posting privilege in addition to list members.
     If member_posting_only is 'no', then only the posters listed here
     will be able to post without admin approval.

Regards,
--
Godoy.	<godoy at conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.