[Mailman-Users] New user comments

Derek Simkowiak dereks at kd-dev.com
Thu Jun 15 20:32:31 CEST 2000

-> > 	Personally, I am against this kind of patch.

-> I'm not opposed to this kind of patch, however I do understand the argument.
-> Would it be hard to add autoconf support with an option like
-> --enable-sendmail-auto-aliases?

	Blechz, how complicated do we need to get?

	If people really want this feature, just add a line to the
script that does this:

------------------------------------ Begin screenshot ---------------

Here are the aliases:

[... just print the aliases it currently does here ...]

Those have been written to /tmp/listname.aliases.
Would you like that automatically appended to /etc/aliases for you?  (y/n)

	The script should (a) confirm /etc/aliases exists, and (b) run
newaliases for you automatically (along with a notification of that)

	I don't really see a demand for this feature, though... (?)  I do,
however, see a demand for having the aliases written into a text file :)

--Derek