[Mailman-Users] New user comments

Derek Simkowiak dereks at kd-dev.com
Thu Jun 15 22:58:53 CEST 2000

-> >don't have to touch /etc/aliases at all. :-)
->
-> I didn't figure it would be mandatory, just an option or something.  -a to
-> add aliases to /etc/aliases automatically.

	Assuming /etc/aliases is A Bad Idea!

	Instead of the option adding aliases to /etc/aliases, it should
create the file /tmp/listname.aliases.  Then shell scripts could do
whatever people wanted, regardless of where they keep their aliases file,
what mailer they're using, etc.

	Again I repeat: my only real complaint with this issue is that I
need to be in X to use the mouse-based cut'n'paste with newlist.  I would
rather just have a file that I can append to wherever I want...

--Derek