[Mailman-Users] New user comments

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Jun 15 23:13:28 CEST 2000

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:50:18 -0700 (PDT)
Derek Simkowiak <dereks at kd-dev.com> wrote:

> But then, I don't care about an option to append this stuff to the
> /etc/aliases; I'm worried about a (default) option to have the
> list-specific aliases written to a text file!

While I generically don't care (my MTA is smart enough to not need
an aliases file for Mailman lists), I don't see the problem of
newlist, say, both outputting the new aliases to stdout as it does
now, AND to, say, the file, "data/newlist" or some such.  This
doesn't overwrite any system files, and yuor wrapper script can then
do whatever is "the right thing" for your local installation.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu