[Mailman-Users] New user comments

Derek Simkowiak dereks at kd-dev.com
Thu Jun 15 23:11:01 CEST 2000

-> > But then, I don't care about an option to append this stuff to the
-> > /etc/aliases; I'm worried about a (default) option to have the
-> > list-specific aliases written to a text file!
->
-> While I generically don't care (my MTA is smart enough to not need
-> an aliases file for Mailman lists), I don't see the problem of
-> newlist, say, both outputting the new aliases to stdout as it does
-> now, AND to, say, the file, "data/newlist" or some such.  This
-> doesn't overwrite any system files, and yuor wrapper script can then
-> do whatever is "the right thing" for your local installation.

	This is exactly what I am proposing.  (I was thinking
/tmp/listname.newaliases instead of data/listname, but whatever...)

--Derek