[Mailman-Users] Subject: newlist output [was: New user comments]

Derek Simkowiak dereks at kd-dev.com
Fri Jun 16 23:03:07 CEST 2000

-> > Alright I'm tired of all the pros and cons of writing a file.  Here
-> > are patches to bin/newlist:
[...]
-> > paste with a mouse, use:
-> > 	newlist listname user at domain.com somepasswd
-> > If you don't have or want a mouse, use:
-> > 	newlist listname user at domain.com somepasswd >>/etc/aliases

	Heh, funny, I was just implementing the exact same idea except
backwards.  Great minds and all that.

	I was going to have the *aliases only* printed to stderr, and
everything else to stdout (as it currently is).  Then, anyone (like me)
who wants the aliases into a text file could redirect stderr ONLY into a
text file.

	Either patch, imho, is an excellent solution to the problem.
Which one would people prefer?  (In my experience, newbies know how to
redirect stdout with '>' but not stderr with '2>' in bash, so perhaps
Gary's patch is the one to use?)

--Derek

P.S.> Will this patch make it into 2.0?