[Mailman-Users] MIME issue

Ryan Fife fife at AnywhereYouGo.com
Thu Jun 22 19:05:58 CEST 2000

Very good reasons to avoid the Mime-Tools package.  I actually had some
additional motives for looking into it, however.  We were looking at
(for some of our private lists) a couple of other processing issues:
 + delete the attachment from the message, save it to disk, then insert
   a link in the message body.
 + convert wav files to mp3 (our voice mail system uses uncompressed wav
   files for some ridiculous reason)

To be true to mailman, I should look at doing these in python I suppose...
;-)

We're considering mailman as a basis for some other interesting systems:
 + email based version control
 + automated content submission

And some other things.  I'd like to make them readily available for
mailman users so those larger type systems will be written in python (if
we actually do them, of course!)

The entire reason we went with mailman was it seemed easy to build systems
like this on top of it.