[Mailman-Users] Can this be done?

Victoriano Giralt vic at vgg.sci.uma.es
Mon Jun 26 11:10:16 CEST 2000

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Vedran Rodic wrote:

> I need to have a simple mailing list that would have two types of
> subscribers:
> 'list owners' which are allowed do post messages on mailing list,
> and 'list subscribers' which are allowed only to recieve mails from the
> list.
> If 'list subscribers' attempt to write mail to mailing list directly, that
> mail should be forwarded to list owners.
> Is this possible with mailman?
That is a standard moderated list. You can have a list owner address and
several addresses that are allowed to post freely. Both settings are in
the privacy options for the list.
> And also, does python work on OSF1?
Yes, Python runs on Digital Unix a.k.a. OSF/1 a.k.a. Tru64

Victoriano Giralt
Systems Programmer
Central Computing Facility
University of Málaga