[Mailman-Users] Adding old Archives

Jorge Godoy godoy at conectiva.com
Mon Jun 26 13:01:41 CEST 2000

"Dovey J, Mr" <pjcd at maties.sun.ac.za> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have just moved one of my lists to Mailman. I have been running the list
> for about 6 years now on various systems/hosts, but I have always have an
> alias subscribed to the list that archived messages to a unix mbox. What I
> would like to know is if there is a way that I can add all the messages in
> the old archives that I have to the archive of the MailMan list..
>
> I have seen the arch program in the bin directory, but it seems as if this
> is only to _rebuild_ the entire archive from the mbox file. What I am
> looking for is the ability to run the same (or similar) program against
> about 6 other mbox files and have the messages added to the lists archive?
> Does anyone know if this is possible ?

You could "cat" the new file to your old file (to preserve order of
arrival) and then run the arch program on it.

There's a procedure for running arch on FAQ (you must remove a
directory first and things like that) that is about removing some
messages from archives.

Good luck!
--
Godoy.	<godoy at conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.