[Mailman-Users] Bounce rules

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Jun 28 00:09:06 CEST 2000

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:40:48 -0400
Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:

> What are the best options to set the bounce rules to?  I seem to
> be getting quite a few bounces from the same people on the list.
> However, mailman is not kicking them off the list.

Mailman doesn't (yet) parse all bounce message formats, especially
since some MTAs almost ectively encourage per-site custom bounces.
Further, there remains the problem of forwarded accounts where the
bounce comes from a non-subscribed address to which list mail is
forwarded.

This first case will get better with 2.0, but until Mailman fully
supports VERP, will always lag.  The second case can only be
addressed by VERP.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu