[Mailman-Users] Extremely High Membership lists

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Jun 29 01:44:51 CEST 2000

At 4:23 PM -0700 6/28/00, J C Lawrence wrote:
>  > Does it have some competitive advantage over the other MTAs?
>
>None that I'm aware of other than its legacy value.

It's a known entity, both it's strengths and weaknesses.

Are the others considered secure because they're secure? or because
all of the hackers spend their time on sendmail and haven't bothered
to try to break them open? I know things like Postfix were designed
with an ear to security, but have the hackers proven it right?

Sendmail may not be the best. it's a safe choice.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"