[Mailman-Users] Default option about whether to archive or not

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Thu Jun 29 23:34:10 CEST 2000

In message <41F16105E0DAD211AE8A0008C7A4F12706E25028 at rmexchange.internal.rmplc.
net>, JOHN BLEASDALE writes:
>I am getting confused about how to configure a default archiving option for
>new lists that I create.
>
>I have the defaults set up as I require and these work fine for new lists,
>except for the "Archive messages?" option which always starts on Yes. For
>efficency, I want this to default to No, but start archiving if the list
>owner changes it to Yes. I have searched through Defaults.py and cannot find
>a way of ensuring that the "Archive messages?" option starts on No.

That's because such an option doesn't exist.  I submitted a two line patch to
sourceforge (#100554), but it hasn't been applied yet.  Barry?  Someone with
CVS access?

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen         secabeen at pobox.com
Check Website or Keyserver for PGP/GPG Key BA0349D2      secabeen at uchicago.edu