[Mailman-Users] requests for unsubscribe come back to mailman-owner

Christopher P. Lindsey lindsey at mallorn.com
Thu Mar 2 02:38:20 CET 2000

> Every month when the passwords are sent out to mailman subscribers, it is
> sent out under the name of mailman-owner, so when they reply and ask to
> unsubscribe, they send the request to mailman-owner.  Nothing in the
> message indicates what lists they are on, and looking in the mailman/bin
> directory doesn't help me in figuring out a way to quickly remove a given
> user from every list they are on.  remove_members requires that I know
> what lists they are on.  How can I unsubscribe them from all lists at
> once?

There is also a find_member script that will tell you what lists a
person is subscribed to.  It's new though, having come out in version
1.1.

So, assuming that you're running csh as your shell:

   cd $prefix/bin
   foreach i ( `./find_member user at example.com | grep "^   "`)
      echo user at example.com | ./remove_members -f - $i
   end

or somesuch.  You could wrap this with yet another foreach loop that
cats the contents of a file containing bounced addresses, even...

Chris