[Mailman-Users] Incorrect domain name parsing?

Jim Tittsler jwt at dskk.co.jp
Fri Mar 3 09:38:10 CET 2000

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 10:42:24AM -0500, Bill DeVos wrote:
>   Mailman seems to be munging the domain name, if I set the domain name to
> 'watcher' in the mm_cfg.py the From seems to reflect that correctly in
> mail sent from Mailman but if I change the domain to
> watcher.nsg.stercomm.com The From changes to the domain
> watcher.stercomm.com.  The problem is of course that there is no machine
(That's not what the sample you pasted says... but it could still be an MTA
issue rather than something about Mailman.)

>   Please notice in the cut of my confirmation below that although the body
> of the message contains the addresses as I want them all to be, the
> headers addresses have been altered to unusable addresses.  I can't
> imagine that this is being done by any mailer and if I alter the addresses
> to what they are in the body they work just fine.

There are reasons why some MTAs might be configured to rewrite addresses.
Your "imx1" host is probably an internal mail exchanger, and to keep the
internal hostnames from "leaking" out, it might be rewriting
user@*.stercomm.com addresses to user at stercomm.com

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/