[Mailman-Users] sending email step

Ralf Hildebrandt R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de
Tue Mar 7 09:57:06 CET 2000

Am 06.03.2000 um 12:20:25 -0600 schrieb Roberto Ullfig folgendes:

> Our problem was with running out of memory, does postfix use
> less memory than sendmail? Postfix would not make anything
> noticeably faster for us; phquery is our bottleneck.

I uses less memory, since it's made up of multiple (small!) daemons, each
running with least possible privileges. Besides, when it encounters resource
problems (no memory etc.) it throttles, instead of f*cking up like sendmail.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt <R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de> www.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de/~hildeb
  One box to run them all, one box to blind them