[Mailman-Users] bounce logs messages

Ashley Penney ashp at bastard.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 18:36:35 CET 2000

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 12:25:05PM -0500, Scott Russell spoketh:
: Ashley -
:
: Maybe you could clairify the issue for me? I see these messages in my bounce log but according
: to my maillog best I can tell is these users are still gettting mail. Do you know what it is
: these messages mean? What exactly are you seeing??

Basically I added a bunch of users to a mailing list (rather than having
them subscribe themselfs.  Now when I try to send mail, only I (the first
listed address) actually gets the mail, the rest get that weird bounce
error, and *don't* recieve the mail.  That was the big difference..

Mar 04 09:44:42 2000 (30932) Chat: sabri at vuurwerk.nl - 0 more allowed over 311388 secs

That's the errors I get, but for all other users.

I have no idea what they mean, or why I get them.  1.1 never did this, but
CVS seems to.  I had to move from 1.1 because it wouldn't close the scripts
after sending.

Mailman has huge potential, and I'd love to be able to use it at the place
I start work on Monday, but unless a developer or someone can tell me this
was a known problem, and has been fixed, I can't.  Which is a shame. :(

--
ashp