[Mailman-Users] mailman improvement suggestion (cookies problemes)

Ricardo Kustner ricardo at rixhq.nu
Tue Mar 14 19:20:36 CET 2000

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 12:50:05PM -0500, Jean-Bernard ADDOR wrote:
> A traveling list moderator, accessing the web page for administration, can
> fall on a browser without cookies. Cookies problem can also appear at the
> server side, for instance we have such a problem since one month, when we
> updated mailman and python. The problem is very hard to find and our live
> is turning into a nightmare since that.
If cookie problems appear at the server side, the only thing i can think
of is that the system clock on the server is incorrect, causing the cookies
to expire immediately.

> On the admin page, in case of cookies problem, it is always possible to
> introduce the admin passwd in the box "Enter current password:", without
> entering nothing in the new password cases. On the contrary, in the
> admindb page, there is absolutely no password box, so the only thing we
> can do is a cut and past from the web page to a e-mail client and send the
> message to the list.

If i understand what you want, this shouldn't be too difficult to implement.
Which version of Mailman are you using? I could make a small patch for you
that adds a password entry input field on the admindb page. But it won't
be an 'offical' patch for MM though... and when you upgrade MM you have to
do it again... (that's what I have to do with most of the things i've
changed in MM myself :) )

Ricardo.