[Mailman-Users] ImportError

Craig Shields cmshields at korrnet.org
Fri Mar 17 20:18:04 CET 2000

Yes, Solaris 7 and running mailman script from csh.  Looks like we may
have gotten the problem corrected.  We did a re-install of Python then
Mailman and things are working.  Someone else had previously (we thought)
isntalled Python, but not in /usr/local/bin.  I was trying to install
Mailman and point to where (we thought) python was and nothing was
working.  Python wasn't in user 'mailman''s path.  Turns out Python hadn't
successfully installed. After
reinstalling, it can be found under /usr/local/bin and mailman works.

That's probably not much help to you because I still don't fully
understand why it was looking at /dev/fd/4.

Craig Shields