[Mailman-Users] Automated addition of users to a "mailman" maintained mailing list

Nicholas Brenckle nicholas.brenckle at yale.edu
Fri Mar 31 21:33:43 CEST 2000

> From: Michael Ghens <michael at spconnect.com>
>
> Mail man does have a ~/bin/add_members script. Problem with that is that
> you need to be logged in as mailman. (Problem with that is that SysAdmins
> like me tend to make such accounts with no password).
>
> Might be a interesting excersize to create a procmail script that calls
> that fuction.

 While not a procmail script, I did write a web page that called the add_members. Apache has the suEXEC wrapper to run scripts called
from a users page as that user, so I created pages under http://servername/~mailman, and protected them as needed with .htaccess
files.   This it not what I wanted, procmail would be much better. It was however, a proof of concept.

Nicholas Brenckle                   Yale University School of Medicine
nicholas.brenckle at yale.edu       100 Church Street, Quad 1 - Suite 214
203-737-2377                                       New Haven, CT 06519