[Mailman-Users] Sendmail

Peter Evans peter at gol.com
Mon May 1 16:49:41 CEST 2000

Paul Tomblin (ptomblin at xcski.com) wrote:
> Quoting Webmaster (webmaster at virtualbungalow.com):
> > added another 256 in there it would choke with only 64,so i had to bring the
> > open connection option  (num_spawns ) down to 1 but it would take forever so
> > what sould the setting be for my profile running sendmail the default was 5
> > should i put it at 5? i have pretty large mailing lists 20,000 members
> > range.

> A list that big should *not* be using sendmail.  It's just too damn slow.
> Switch to postfix, emin, or even (god help us) qmail.

	Is it fair to point out that sendmail was doing lists this size
	before postfix, qmail and their ilk were even ideas?

	admitted, they had things like "bulk_mailer" to sort the addresses
	by domain and split them into manageable chunks.

	maybe mailman needs to do something like that if it detects its talking
	to sendmail and not postfix/qmail masquerading ...

Remember The 5 K's.
The Justified Agents of Munya-munya-muuuu ...