[Mailman-Users] updating aliases file.

Krist van Besien krist at West.NL
Tue May 2 16:11:12 CEST 2000

As quoted from Nigel Metheringham:

> krist at West.NL said:
> > So I am now faced with a problem. I want to deploy mailman at a
> > clients site, and really need an automatic update. So I could go out
> > and write some wrapper script that would do the trick, or try to hack
> > mailman itself.
>
> All of these methods are wrong.  You need a means that actually
> integrates your MLM & MTA so that the MTA knows of the lists handled by
> the MLM.   This can certainly be done for exim, and I have heard of
> people doing similar things for postfix and sendmail.

When you run newlist the rpogram ends printing out the lines you manually
need to add to /etc/aliases. I just need a wqay to add these automatically.

Exim is not an option for me, I need to use sendmail. If there are better
ways to integrate mailman with sendmail other then having a way to add
lines to /etc/aliases I'd be glad to learn about them.

I've started to hack on the alias-wrapper program found in
<mailman-source>/src directory, but which had aparently been commmented out
in the Makefile. See if I can make that work.

Krist

--
Ing. Krist van Besien    | At work:            | At home:
Software Engineer        | krist at west.nl       | kvbesien at casema.net
West Consulting B.V.     | http://www.west.nl  |
Delft, the Netherlands   | +31 (0)15 2191604   | +31 (0)6 50235002
--
"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the
usual way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody