[Mailman-Users] Trouble with SSL and forms

Jeff.Lessem+mailman at Colorado.EDU Jeff.Lessem+mailman at Colorado.EDU
Thu May 4 22:34:38 CEST 2000

I am setting up Mailman 1.1 and I am having some difficulty getting
the subscription page to work with SSL.  I believe I have Apache setup
correctly, I can access the page through my SSL server, and have a
REDIRECT permanent /mailman/ https://ibgwww.colorado.edu/mailman/
on the non-SSL server.

The problem is that the general listinfo page (/mailman/listinfo/test)
does not work correctly.  Anytime any form is submitted it comes back
with the "You must supply a valid email address.  You must supply a
valid password, and confirm it." response.  The problem seems to be
that the forms are setup like

<FORM Method=POST
ACTION="http://ibgwww.colorado.edu/mailman/subscribe/test">

despite the

DEFAULT_URL       = 'https://ibgwww.colorado.edu/mailman'

line in mm_cfg.py.  The admin forms are setup as

<FORM action="../../admin/test/members" method="POST">

which works correctly.

If I turn off redirect then the listinfo page works correctly, but
that defeats the purpose of using SSL, which is to force some security
on even naive users.

Jeff Lessem.