[Mailman-Users] Trouble with SSL and forms

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Thu May 4 23:54:13 CEST 2000

In message <200005042034.OAA01140 at ibg.colorado.edu>, Jeff.Lessem+mailman at Colora
do.EDU writes:
>The problem is that the general listinfo page (/mailman/listinfo/test)
>does not work correctly.  Anytime any form is submitted it comes back
>with the "You must supply a valid email address.  You must supply a
>valid password, and confirm it." response.  The problem seems to be
>that the forms are setup like
>
><FORM Method=POST
>ACTION="http://ibgwww.colorado.edu/mailman/subscribe/test">
>despite the
>DEFAULT_URL       = 'https://ibgwww.colorado.edu/mailman'
>
>line in mm_cfg.py.  The admin forms are setup as

Almost all the settings in mm_cfg.py only apply to the defaults for a list
when created.  If a list already exists and mm_cfg.py is changed, the change
will not propagate.  You need to change the last two options on the general
options page for each list.  (You should be able to automate this with
withlist, but I don't know the keys off the top of my head).

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen         secabeen at pobox.com
Check Website or finger for PGP/GPG Public Key           secabeen at uchicago.edu