[Mailman-Users] Final Test Bug?

David Smead smead at amplepower.com
Fri May 5 01:34:59 CEST 2000

This looks like a problem following the INSTALL instructions for Linux.
I ran bin/newlist in mailman-2.0beta2.  Should I have used an earlier more
stable version?

Enter the name of the list: test
Enter the email of the person running the list: smead at amplepower.com
Initial test password:

Entry for aliases file:

## test mailing list
## created: 04-May-2000 mailman
test:                    "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
test-admin:              "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
test-request:            "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
test-owner:              test-admin

Hit enter to continue with test owner notification...

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "bin/newlist", line 154, in ?
    main(sys.argv)
  File "bin/newlist", line 148, in main
    HandlerAPI.DeliverToUser(mlist, msg)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 82, in
DeliverToUser
    pipeline_delivery(mlist, msg, pipeline)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 37, in
pipeline_delivery
    func(mlist, msg)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Replybot.py", line 37, in process
    toadmin = getattr(msg, 'toadmin', 0)
TypeError: getattr requires exactly 2 arguments; 3 given

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

David Smead
http://www.amplepower.com.