[Mailman-Users] Installation Issue

BCSi sfarber at copper.net
Mon May 8 21:18:00 CEST 2000

I am completely new to Python and have the added distinction of being a
listserver newbie as well.  Please bear with me.

I have been working with the INSTALL instructions for Mailman, NOT THE
BETA, and immediately ran across the piece about creating a directory
called $PREFIX. It struck me as wrong, but I tried it and, of course,
Linux thinks it is a shell programming variable.  I am hesitating
because I cannot afford to screw-up my server.

How can I proceed and get a correct result.

Yours in frustration,

Steve Farber
BCSi