[Mailman-Users] problems with Mail Man

Russell Mein rm at clara.net
Tue May 9 15:47:09 CEST 2000

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem i am suffering with to
do with mail man
i have followed the said documentation and also checked for configuration on
www.exim.org to do
with exim & mailman.

The problem occurs when i subscribe to a list (in this case test) i get he
mail back with the confirmation
code i reply to the mail address and in the body is just confirm <number>
then i receive nothing. I checked the exim_mainlog and get this error.

2000-05-09 14:21:17 12p9wr-000HT6-00 ** |/usr/local/etc/mailman/mail/wrapper
mailcmd test <test-request at dare.deathace.net> D=system_
aliases T=address_pipe: Child process of address_pipe transport returned 2
from command: /usr/local/etc/mailman/mail/wrapper

i have checked the logs directory in the $prefix dir
/usr/local/etc/mailman/logs and can find nothing
relevant to this error in there either.

i have checked permissions and all other relevant parts of the installation
and they all seem fine
could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong.

<system info>
FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE
Exim 3.13
Python 1.5.2
Mailman 2.0 Beta 2

here is what is in the /etc/aliases file created by the script
$prefix/bin/newlist

## test mailing list
## created: 09-May-2000 mailman
test:                    "|/usr/local/etc/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
test-admin:              "|/usr/local/etc/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
test"
test-request:            "|/usr/local/etc/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
test-owner:              test-admin

If there is any other information you need please mail me
<russ at deathace.net>

Regards
--
Russell Mein