[Mailman-Users] Addition of schedules to lists?

Shane Y. Gibson sgibson at digitalimpact.com
Wed May 17 18:45:58 CEST 2000

Hi,

I've got a bunch of users who have requested some new functionality
for our MailMan installation.  They'd like to have a list, which has
a rotating set of members, based on time.  Basically, an oncall schedule
system, integrated into MailMan.  I've never mucked with Python before,
so I'm a little unsure where to begin.

Would this be something that a filter could achieve?  Is there some easy
way to turn on/off receipt of email for individual users at certain
times?

Any help on this would be appreciated.  The user base here is pushing to
install their own Majordomo list server, as they believe that will solve
their problems.

v/r
Shane

Shane Y. Gibson                                sgibson at digitalimpact.com
Sr. Network Engineer                           (650) 356-3432  work
IT Data Center Operations                      (650) 303-3803  cellular
Digital Impact, Inc.                           (888) 786-4863  pager
"The Science of eMarketing!"                   (650) 356-3515  fax

      "Personal responsibility is our most important evolution.
       The notion that we are the product of our environment is
       our greatest sin."                     ---Margaret Meade