[Mailman-Users] ./configure error (gcc doesn't work)

Will Dennis willd at p-wave.com
Fri May 19 04:50:11 CEST 2000

Hello all,

Not really a Mailman issue, but there may be someone on this list who can
help.

When I run ./configure (mailman-2.0beta2), I get the following error:
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

As I'm not a C programmer (or any programmer, really), I don't know how to
fix this problem. What exactly is ./configure doing when it checks whether
gcc works?

System is running RedHat 6.1, egcs-1.1.2-24 installed (& .rpm verifies
clean.)

Thanks for any help provided, and sorry for off-topic posting.

Will Dennis
willd at p-wave.com