[Mailman-Users] FW: "awaits moderation" messages never stop
NeilK at ActiveState.com
Thu Nov 2 21:39:59 CET 2000
Our problem: a posting to a moderated list generates the "awaits moderator
approval" message many, many times.
- recently we upgraded Mailman from 2.0b2 --> 2.0rc1
- the new administrator (not me) noticed some problems
with 2.0rc1 and tried to rollback to 2.0b2. Since we
had had some subscriptions/unsubscriptions in the meantime,
on about 12 lists, we kept the lists/ directory as is.
might be irrelevant:
- after the rollback, we could not access the
admin pages any more.
- I noticed that the problem seemed to be with
config.db. I added in a value which had been 'zapped'
by versions.py -- num_spawns. That
seemed to work.
- then they reported this flood of admin messages to me.
My guess is that it has something to do with some remnant of the 2.0rc1
upgrade interfering with the 2.0b2 mailman software. I thought it might be
related to the config.db, but there don't seem to be any other differences
in its format.
Thanks for any assistance you can offer.
Neil Kandalgaonkar <NeilK at ActiveState.com>
Web Application Developer, ActiveState
More information about the Mailman-Users