[Mailman-Users] Rebuilding an archive

David B. O'Donnell atropos at fates.org
Fri Nov 3 01:00:11 CET 2000

I posted on this before and didn't see any kind of reply, so hopefully this
reframe will help.

One of my lists has a corrupt archive. The archive listing shows subjects
that only go up to 10 October, and that do not correspond to the actual
messages that were archived.

When I run ~mailman/bin/arch/listname, everything proceeds fine until it
gets to October, where it blows up:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "bin/arch", line 129, in ?
  File "bin/arch", line 118, in main
    archiver.processUnixMailbox(fp, Article)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 523, in
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 926, in
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 562, in
    article.parentID = parentID = self.get_parent_info(arch, article)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 594, in
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperDatabase.py", line 303, in
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperDatabase.py", line 245, in
    t = DumbBTree(os.path.join(arcdir, archive + '-' + i))
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperDatabase.py", line 68, in
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperDatabase.py", line 173, in load
    self.dict = marshal.load(fp)
ValueError: bad marshal data

The help for arch isn't exactly helpful in this kind of situation, and I
don't recall seeing any information in the documentation or online about
how to deal with archives, either.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I would prefer not to lose that month's
archive, but if I have to...

David B. O'Donnell - atropos at fates.org - www.fates.org
Help rescue cats in need: Fancy Cats Rescue Team, www.fancycats.org