[Mailman-Users] Problem with qrunner and too much incoming mail

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Fri Nov 3 23:50:45 CET 2000

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 12:53:35PM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
> Further, in the case of Exim IIRC, it can be configured to not do
> DNS lookups on RCPT addresses messages at the time of receipt by the
> MTA based on the IP address/net of the source.  Thus you could
> configure Exim to not do DNS lookups on everything received from
> localhost.  Nigel -- can you confirm this?  I didn't see this on a
> quick skim on the Exim docs but I seem to recall discussion of how
> to do this previously.

Mmhhh, it has to  do a dns lookup on the receipients if  it wants to deliver
the Email (you're  probably thinking no lockup on the  sender, which you can
set as trusted).
One option  is to just  blindly accept everything  and spool it. You  end up
with a lot  of spool and disk I/O  that you really didn't have to  do if you
had done direct delivery from memory.
That said, those are  exim concerns and I have a  separate thread about this
on the exim list.

Marc