[Mailman-Users] member_posting_only=yes problem

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Sat Nov 4 19:32:15 CET 2000

At 9:35 AM -0800 11/4/00, Mike Noyes wrote:
>I'm the admin for a devel list on SourceForge. I have a member of my
>list that has different From and Reply-To addresses. He is
>subscribed with his Reply-To address. When I set
>member_posting_only=yes all of his messages are held for approval.
>Is there any way around this problem?

well, at one level, I think what he's doing is wrong, but we won't
get into that philosopical range war. But the basic issue is that he
*isn't* a member of the list, since the From address isn't subscribed.

Two solutions.

1) he subscribes both addresses to the list, and sets "nomail" flag
to the one in his from address. he can do that without admin
intervention, so that's what I usually recommend.

2) set his address as not needing admin overview -- that's an option
on the privacy page of the admin page. that way, you're saying "this
guy is okay" and it won't be held. which works as long as he really
is okay, but that's an admin issue.. (grin)

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

Be just, and fear not.