[Mailman-Users] mailman: can't access the private archives of a list

Andrea Mennucci a2m3 at Tonelli.sns.it
Mon Nov 6 12:00:22 CET 2000

hi

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 02:01:03PM -0800, W. Reilly Cooley wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 02:09:29PM +0100, Andrea Mennucci wrote:
> >
> > the only problem is that
> > I have created a private list XYZ, with private archives, and
> > the web page for XYZ reads
> > ----
> >  About XYZ
> >   To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit
> >   the XYZ Archives. The current archive is only available
> >    to the list members.
> > ----
> > but the link of the archive points to
> >  http://tonelli.sns.it/mailman/private/XYZ/
> >
> > which is non existent
> >
> > I have read all documentation and I cant find a way to fix it
> >

> Did you try sending a test message to the list?  You get the error you
> mention before the first message is submitted, because the web archiver
> hasn't run yet.  (I think)

I had tried, but the problem is more complex than that

I have tried also to add the lines
   Alias /mailman/private/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/
in /etc/apache/srm.conf
but then when someone accesses
the address   http://tonelli.sns.it/mailman/private/XYZ/
s/he can read all the archive, without any password

Instead mailman claims that
  >   the XYZ Archives. The current archive is only available
  > >    to the list members.
and this is the functionality that I would like to get

anyway thanks

a.

--
Andrea C. Mennucci,   Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy