[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Announcing Mailman 2.0 release candidate 2

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Tue Nov 14 06:16:56 CET 2000

    PB> I upgraded from 2.0b6 from 2.0rc2 Friday night. A person wrote
    PB> me and said the replyto: is no longer pointed to the list. I
    PB> checked several messages and they were, but some were not. Any
    PB> message I send to the list has a replyto of myself instead of
    PB> to the list.

Please remember that if the original message has a Reply-To: already,
Mailman will not overwrite that, even if "explicit reply-to" is set.
So, did the original mesasge have a Reply-To already?

I just tested this using rc2.  With reply_goes_to_list set to
"explicit address" and reply_to_address set to some non-blank value,
any message without a Reply-To: gets one set to that value.  Any
message that already has a Reply-To: set is unchanged.  That's
expected behavior (i.e. works for me!)

-Barry