[Mailman-Users] Problem with GID

Jacob Brown jacob at siliconmetrics.com
Wed Nov 15 23:25:04 CET 2000

I have this problem where people can't send messages to the mailing
lists from the machine that is running mailman.  I set the setgid bit
and the right group and everything, but whenever some one mails the list
it says

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 1, GOT gid 45.  (Reconfigure to take
45?)
554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post blah"... unknown mailer error 2

Where 45 is whatever the users GID happens to be when he is sending the
mail.
Does the setguid bit not work in mailman?

Thanks,
Jacob Brown