[Mailman-Users] Mailman -virtual- sendmail & openbsd

ppruett ppruett at webengr.com
Thu Nov 16 02:18:01 CET 2000

I think I am need to change something on sendmail?...

I have been using Mailman on openbsd and it is working
with list.webengr.com

I wanted it to answer to other domains, so I
did the magic for dns like
    list.cocoavillage.com  IN  CNAME list.webengr.com
and set the hostname in the Mailman admin interface
and edited
/etc/mail/local-host-names on the mailman computer
and I even got my Oreilly book and read
and tried "O DontExpandCnames True"
just incase.

So my lists respond and work with the other domains
but the "To" and other email gets changed
  so even though I send to cv-forum at list.cocoavillage.com
  the subscribers get back cv-forum at list.webengr.com
I checked some sendmail logs and I think
that sendmail is rewritting the email header...

anyone out there have the 'quickfix' or
is it somehting like have to use masquerade on sendmail
or other...

-tia

paul