[Mailman-Users] IT Works!!! but one last thing......

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Thu Nov 16 06:51:14 CET 2000

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 09:10:29PM -0800, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> which is why when we redo this stuff,  we have to set it up as a hierarchy
> of values. Sitewide values that can be  overridden if you want, but if you
> leave the default,  when you update the  site value, it is  rippled out to
> everything.

That sounds good.

In the meantime, I use this:
chef:/var/local/mailman/bin/scripts$ more dumplistconfigs
#!/bin/bash

if [ $# -ne 1 ]; then
    echo "$0 destdir"
    exit
fi

chown mailman $1

cd ~mailman/lists/
for i in *
do
    echo "Dumping list $i in $1/$i"
    ~mailman/bin/config_list -o $1/$i $i
done
chef:/var/local/mailman/bin/scripts$ more reconfigalllistsfromdump
#!/bin/bash

if [ $# -ne 2 ]; then
        echo "$0 --IknowwhatImdoing /dir/to/get/all/configs/from"
        echo "This will clobber all existing configs with the ones you provide"
        echo "I hope you know what you're doing!"
        exit -1
fi

if [ z"$1" != z--IknowwhatImdoing ]; then
        echo "You obviously don't know what you're doing, so don't do it :-)"
        exit -1
fi

cd ~mailman/lists/
for i in *
do
        echo "Configuring list $i with values from $2/$i"
        ~mailman/bin/config_list -i $2/$i $i
done

I run the first script, cd to the config dump directory and do:
perl -p -i -e "s/option = .*/option = newvalue/"
After that, I run the second script

Marc